Австралия и Новая Зеландия. - Страница 325 - Littleone 2006-2009
Архив форума 04.2006 - 04.2009

Вернуться   Littleone 2006-2009 > Клуб Питерских (и не только) Родителей > Заграница нам поможет

Опции темы Поиск в этой теме Опции просмотра
Старый 17-01-2009, 18:37     #3241
ЕленаС
Ветеран

ЕленаС отсутствует

Цитата:
Сообщение от сушка Посмотреть сообщение
Девочки, а вот у меня еще вот такой вопрос...Если основным заявителем будет муж,а моя специальность в списке остродиф-ных-это какую-то роль сыграет?
Совершенно никакой роли не сыграет. Вы сможете добавить мужу всего 5 баллов, подтвердив свою специальность и сдав язык. По-моему, баллов слишком мало по сравнению с затратами и мучениями
Старый 17-01-2009, 19:33
ответ для Gela на сообщение "Австралия и Новая Зеландия."
POSITIVE
Активный участник

POSITIVE отсутствует

Урря! Я сдала!!! Надеюсь не меньше чем на 7
Старый 17-01-2009, 19:38
МАШКИН
Элита

Профиль МАШКИН

МАШКИН отсутствует

а вот интересный взгляд на Австралию моего знакомого-ирландца, который там сейчас работает - но только по-англ, практикуйтесь правда, он периодически на Ираландию сбивается, но в целом речь о его видении Ау

As for Australia:

Well I came here on a whim - it was an easy (reciprocal) visa arrangement - so it only took 48hrs to get approval on the web for a year's working-holiday - I didnt' really do any holidaying, mostly worked. I now have another visa so I'm under no obligation to leave. I've been here 2.5years but I was absent for about 2 years in the middle (my time in Germany). As always there are pros and cons to living here, it's a question of if the good and bad line up with what you want in life, I don't know if there's enough to seal the deal in my case.

In many ways Australia is a kind of half-assed country, where a 'it'll do/it'll be alright' attitude prevails - not unlike Ireland, where it is even worse!!

To give you some background - in Ireland you can go and wait for a bus that runs (supposedly) every 7 minutes, half an hour later you will still be waiting - three buses will have gone in the opposite direction, all of them almost empty. Trains will be cancelled for no reason, last minute. If you break your arm you will go to the accident and emergency department where you can sit on a chair for several hours (a wait of 5-6hrs is not uncommon) - then you will be charged 100euro for the privilege, despite having paid your taxes. Given so many places are not served by public transport you need a car. However driving to work used to take me anywhere from 40minutes to 2hrs, for 14km - and there was no predicting how long it would take, that's the worst thing, it's very hard to arrange to be anywhere at a particular time. In the city one will pay 5-6euros for a domestic beer. Car taxes are insane, insurances equally so - I paid 2000euro for basic insurance on a small car one year (no accidents or speeding judgements against me). Add to that a 3-bed apartment in Dublin on the outskirts used to cost 400k, and if you want to have children you will have to register them for school before they are born/shortly after, such is the lack of education facilities, one can see why I left. Childcare costs maybe 800euro a month (not that it bothers me currently but it's insane - and this insanity affects everything). So it wasn't for the weather, that I left!!

Anyway I digress -- Australia -- it's pretty relaxed - this can be handy - ie in work they are fairly laid back and have a good work-life balance, although this is gradually changing with the economic downturn. But things like public transport are not up to a German/Swedish standard (I also lived in Sweden for a time). There are obvious cartels in operation - the supermarkets for example, fuel-stations and so on. Prices move in unison, there is little competition. They protect their local industry - I see the point to this but it can be annoying that you have to pay 4$ for a mango that is grown up the road in Queensland whereas a Mango in Ireland (grown who knows where) might be half the price. Bananas too - they can be 4 times the price they are in Ireland, where they have to be imported from Ecuador..... Still these are not big issues

Overall - the weather is not what I expected - it's far wetter than I would have thought (at times) - I moved here in the depths of winter and didn't bring a coat!! Anyway I've learnt my lesson there. They don't however insulate their houses - they are very poorly built from a sound and heat insulation point of view - so although it never really gets that cold, in Winter - as soon as you turn off the heat the house starts to become uncomfortable. Likewise in Summer, the air-con is on a lot. This makes no sense, and I belive Australians have a high per-capita carbon-footprint (partly as a result of this).

I have also met quite a few Australians who refer to themselves as nationality 'X' because that's where their parents/grandparents hail from. Despite being born and raised in Australia, which I reckon makes them mainly Aussie. I don't see much 'proud to be Australian' in evidence. It's quite multicultural as one would expect - with the emphasis predominantly on Asia - Sydney in parts, is like China/Vietnam/HK/Korea. It is quite a beautiful city but only in places(all the guide book pictures), it is profoundly ugly out west and down south - quite a contrast.

The people are pleasant on the whole, but the biggest thing for me, is that it's so far from anywhere! One can drive for hours and it's unchanging. It's not an easy country to escape and some of the 'wonders' of the countryside are questionable. Eg I drove about 500km north of Perth to look at Kalbarri Gorges - I wasn't expecting the Grand Canyon, but they are tiny! The only reason they make the guide book is that there is so little else on that stretch. Then again I grew up in a very small country. I also find it frustrating how soon it gets dark in the evening - at the height of Summer it is dark by 8pm. This can be restrictive to afterwork activities. It gets dark very early from March to September.

I have only seen small parts of Australia, but Tasmania for me is the highlight. New Zealand also appears to be a very scenic spot. I was only there for a few days but what I saw was impressive.

The good things about Oz: Low tax regime (relative to western Europe). Lots of tax breaks. Easy to find employment (well until recently). A more flexible approach to work, i.e. you may not have the exact experience but they will give you a go. On the whole, seasonal variations in bananas and mangoes aside - it's quite a cheap place to live. Cars are cheap, so is fuel. It might be different for me if I actually settled here - at the moment I feel a bit transient, work is contractual, I have no family or relatives etc etc. Overall I think I would prefer to be in Europe, there's more culture, and even if you don't go home regularly - you know you can.
Старый 17-01-2009, 19:39     #3244
МАШКИН
Элита

Профиль МАШКИН

МАШКИН отсутствует

Цитата:
Сообщение от Baby Marti Посмотреть сообщение
поздравляю!!!
Старый 17-01-2009, 20:15     #3245
сушка
Участник

Профиль сушка

сушка отсутствует

Цитата:
Сообщение от ЕленаС Посмотреть сообщение
Совершенно никакой роли не сыграет. Вы сможете добавить мужу всего 5 баллов, подтвердив свою специальность и сдав язык. По-моему, баллов слишком мало по сравнению с затратами и мучениями
Это уж точно...там такое тяжкое подтверждение для медиков.. И за 5 баллов всего Да еще и язык надо не меньше чем на 7-ки сдать
Старый 17-01-2009, 20:16     #3246
сушка
Участник

Профиль сушка

сушка отсутствует

Цитата:

Поздравляю!!!
Борюсь с завистью-пока безуспешно...
Старый 17-01-2009, 21:11
сушка
Участник

Профиль сушка

сушка отсутствует

А все таки...насколько можно доверять оценке шансов?
Один агент сказал ,что главным заявителем должен быть муж,что шансы велики,что половина профессий их списка SOL подходят под выполняемые сейчас обязанности.Что ему надо сдать экзаемен на 6-ки.
Другой сказал,что без разницы кто из нас может быть заявителем,что муж может только подтвердиться по профессии "радиомеханик"(профессия которую он полчул в техникуме 20 лет назад и никогда по-ней не работал) и доказать,что он по ней 3 годя отработал... И сдать экзамены мы должны на 7-ки
Вот и кому верить??
Потому как по 2 варианту все как-то не очень логично ( или мне так хочется думать,так как тогда шансов меньше)
Старый 17-01-2009, 22:11     #3248
ЕленаС
Ветеран

ЕленаС отсутствует

Цитата:
надеюсь, муж мой тоже не меньше, чем на 7
Старый 17-01-2009, 22:52
vent solaire
Наш человек

Профиль vent solaire

vent solaire отсутствует

Настя, Лена, когда результаты будут?

Машунь, спасибо большое за рассказ, очень интересно почитать и в плане информации, и в плане языка. Некоторые обороты речи очень занятные.
Старый 17-01-2009, 23:25     #3250
POSITIVE
Активный участник

POSITIVE отсутствует

Цитата:
Сообщение от vent solaire Посмотреть сообщение
Настя, Лена, когда результаты будут?

Машунь, спасибо большое за рассказ, очень интересно почитать и в плане информации, и в плане языка. Некоторые обороты речи очень занятные.
Обещали 30, буду держать пальцы и если все сойдется 31 подавать доки
Вроде экзамен был не сложный по сравнению с прошлым разом, правда в листненинге профафлила пару последних вопросов, но я и в прошлый раз всю 4 часть прошляпила, но 8 получила... ридинг тоже был простой, но много вопросов на тру-фолз, для меня это смерть тут уж как повезет. райтинг оказался на удивление легким, туфта про фаст-фуды и письмо в общественную организацию... но в последний момент решила пересчитать кол-во слов и не досчиталась штук 15 не знаю насколько снизят оценку, надеюсь не очень критично.
Лена, а мужу как экзамен показался? он как себя чувствует?